How Does A Research Paper Look?by Samantha Smiles
Receiving an assignment to write a research paper, students do not always realize what this paper type represents. To begin with, you should understand from the very name of writing, that it implies an academic research. Secondly, it can have different form and size, but still, it is peculiar for such papers to have a complicated structure and to be at least 25 papers long. Research is often required to carry out while writing the term paper. Of course, these two types are not the same but very often the work you are to accomplish at the end of the semester implicates obligatory investigation.
What Research Papers Topics To Select?
Topic selection is also a part of your work and what is really capturing – it is not easier than writing itself. Why? The answer will not make you wait: you need to study the audience, urgency of a subject and program of your course. Only after that you can come to the definite conclusion: what people want to hear about, what they are keen on, what topics are not too wiped out and so on. It is essential to select the one that is connected with the course of study. Attending the historical course or faculty, try to restrict yourself with history research paper topics. Pay attention to the audience: its age, sex and preferences. Do not forget about the urgency of the topic: reading something that is constantly discussed will not raise the interest of the audience. You can see capturing and easy research paper topics related to different fields of study that can inspire you for writing below:
- Junk food and its influence on people’s health
- Emotional illiteracy of the males
- Anticipations of the AIDS treatment in 10 years
- Stress and why to avoid it
- Post-modern as the end of the art
Come To The Information Collection
Information gathering takes the majority of your time if you are not acquainted with the subject of writing, but if you are going to take a topic that you are well-familiar with, you will spend less time for information gathering as you already know what literature to use and what issues to cover. There are different sources of information that can help you to carry out an assignment: internet, books, magazines, newspapers, separate publications, academic works and so on. In addition, you can organize personal meetings with people who are experts at you subject: professors, lecturers, teachers. We highly recommend you not to plagiarize as all the works are checked up for the authenticity by computer programs and applications. In this way, your work can not be accepted and your reputation will be spoiled.
Structure Of The Research Paper
So you remember your assignments to write a custom essay? While writing a response to the novel, you did not pay much attention to the structure of work. It was quite simple: introductive part, main body and conclusion that are not marked explicitly but in fact exist, forming appropriately structured text. Speaking about the research work, its structure is much more complicated. Firstly, it is quite visible as all the parts of work are market by titles. Secondly, each part has its own constituents that are obligatory to mention. Let’s look through the discussed parts of the paper:
- Title page. It is the first page of your work that represents the topic, author, instructor, educational institution etc.
- Contents. It is a list of the constructive parts of your work starting with a summary and ending with the appendices. These items correspond with the number of pages of your work.
- Summary. It is a retelling of the text, that provides the audience with a short content of the work.
- Introduction. The beginning of the paper that names the thesis, subject, object, methods, targets of research. It also mentions the authors and academic works that inspired you and became a background for writing.
- Main body. It is divided into at least two parts – sections, that in their turn, comprise separate paragraphs. Main body covers the major part of your paper.
- Conclusion. It is a sum up of the work that puts an emphasis on the main issues of the paper.
- Bibliography. It is a list of information sources that can be organized according to various criteria: alphabet, type of source, year and so on.
- Appendices. This part is represented by additional graphics, photos, drawings and tables.
A Few Tips For Those Who Want To Succeed
We would like to give you a few tips concerning the writing process. If you want your work to stand out, take into consideration the following:
- Get rid of your worries. Even if the assignment was given to you a few months ago but you approached it only one day before the due date, be sure, that your nerves will only make the problem bigger. Accept the fact that nothing can be changed. Just do what you can.
- Make up a plan of work. You have looked through separate stages of work above and now you need to have definite sequence of actions:
- Select a topic
- Gather information
- Make up a draft
- Write a fair copy
- Check the work for mistakes
3. Ask for advice. Your teacher will be glad to recommend you appropriate literature and to discuss the structure of your work. They have a constant lack of communication, thus, your presence will be a pleasure for them.
Never be too attached to the existing ideas, generate new ones and express
your own point of view.
Choose persuasive research paper topics, persuasive arguments, find
persuasive evidence to make people believe you and take your side.
You need to concentrate only on your task and not to pay attention to
anything around. Try to organize you time: devote a definite period of
time to the definite assignment.
7. Believe in yourself! There is nothing you can not cope with. Taking it into consideration, you will definitely win the battle.